Main menu

Pages

WRITING: How to Write an Essay - El Mutaalim Academy _ اكاديمية المتعلم



Introduction:

Today I will talk to you about an interesting topic which is "writing an essay". Let's write an example essay that will be very simple, and let's try to do it really fast, just in ten minutes.
When you write an essay, and you have a topic. Maybe the teacher gives you a topic. here's an example:
            where do you want to go? which country do you want to visit? 

Brainstorm:

First, we need to brainstorm. Brainstorm means you think of ideas just any idea that pops into your head we could choose France, we could choose England, we could choose Spain, we could choose Brazil, Australia, or any place you know. I think I want to go with France, let's choose France ok brainstorming is finished.

Outline:

Next we need an outline. An outline is your plan of what you're going to write.

               Introduction:

 Of course I'm going to start with in introduction I'll open it with some general comments about travelling, and then I will end my introduction with a thesis. The thesis is your last sentence in the introduction. It says the general idea of what the essay will be about.
  My thesis will be:
 
              I want to visit France because of the food, the art, and architecture. 

               Body:

We're going to need a body. The body is the place where you give explanations, details, and examples. First we will talk about food, then we will talk about art, and then weI will talk about architecture. You could add more detail to them if you want to.

              Conclusion:

at the very end we're going to write a conclusion. We'll just give some final thoughts, you know a feeling of closure.

   Example:

 now let's go ahead and do this I want to do it really quickly like under 10 minutes so let's remember our plan. Let's start our writing essay and let's not take a long time.


                                  
                                                                            France

          People like to travel, when they travel, they can visit and see new places, meet new people. However, it is hard to choose where to go when you want to travel. there are many options right many choices. The place that I most want to visit is France. I want to visit France because of the food, art, and architecture.

          First, I want to go I want to visit France because of the food. As everyone knows France is very famous for its good food. One of France's food that I would like to try is Escargot. Escargot is the French word for snails. Snail is a little bug that crawls on the ground in my country the it is unusual to eat snails, but that is why I want to try them. I want a new experience. Frog legs are another unique French food that I really want to try like escargot. Frog legs are also unusual in the my country and some people feel sick just thinking about them. However, the idea of frog legs does not bother me. I have heard they taste like chicken, and I think I could eat them easily.
         Art is also another reason why I want to go to France. Art is everywhere in France, and it is one of the best arts in the world. A lot of art is located in a museum, it is called the Louvre. Here you can find some masterpieces of art. For example, you can find them Venus de Milo. This is a sculpture of Aphrodite, a goddess in Greek mythology. The Louvre also contains the most famous work of art in the world: the Mona Lisa. Mona Lisa is a very professional  painting by Leonardo DaVinci. It shows a woman in front of a beautiful landscape. The interesting thing is that the woman has a mysterious smile. I want to look at this painting face-to-face so I can try to guess the secret. 
         Finally, I want to go to France because of it's wonderful architecture. There are a lot of beautiful buildings in France, there are churches and opera houses such as Notre Dame and the Palais Garnier. There are historical monuments too such as, the Arc de Triomphe. However, the most famous building is the Eiffel Tower. This building is the symbol of France. It is my dream to go to the top and to look down at the whole city of Paris.

        Traveling is a great way to spend your time but it can be difficult to choose a good destination. For me the best destination is France. I want to go to France to experience the food, art, and architecture. I know that doing these things will leave me feeling energized and inspired right if I go to France. I'll just feel alive, happy, and inspired. If I'm lucky I will travel there soon.


reactions

Comments